A Telugu person N.V. Ramana has appointed as the new chief justice of India by the President of India Ramnath Kovind on Tuesday. NV Ramana has become the 48th chief justice of India will going to charge on 24 April 2021 a day after incumbent Sharad Arvind Bobde’s retirement on 23 April 2021.
Here are few interesting facts about NV Ramana:
- NV Ramana has a 48th Chief Justice of India and he was born on August 27, 1957, in Krishna District in Andhra Pradesh.
- The first generation lawyer having an agriculture background is NV Ramana
- He has been in the legal circles since the 1980s, approximately he has been 40 years of experience in the legal field
- Before becoming part of the apex court, Justice Ramana practiced Civil, Criminal, Constitutional law at the Andhra Pradesh High Court, Central Administrative Tribunal, AP state administrative tribunal.
- Early served as puisne judge of the Supreme Court of India from 2014.
- He served as the Executive Chairman of the National Legal Service Authority (NALSA).
- Ramana was raised as the permanent judge of Andhra Pradesh High Court in 2000
- Lastly Acting as Chief Justice of AP HC from March 10, 2013, to May 20, 2013.
- started his career as Supreme Court Judge on February 17th, 2014.
- Before the move to Supreme Court Judge, he served as Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
- He has 16 months tenure for his retirement so he will continue as CJI until August 2022.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy made a controversial allegation. Jagan wrote a letter about him to the current Chief Justice of India Sharad Arvind Bobde. Jagan accused him of “he has close relation with farmer AP chief minister Chandrababu Naidu”. Eventually, all that allegation was hit back and Incumbent CJI Bobde recommended NV Ramana as the next CJI. It is really pride for Andhra Pradesh and he signified Andhra Pradesh status high at the Central level.